Friday 12 August 2022

Returning to familiar space


 It seems that involuntary removal of my Labour Party membership is an event that takes place once every thirteen years.

I’ve looked back at the last time this has happened when I wrote this. I guess things are pretty much the same but this time I am without the good company of the late Geoff Howes.

For people wanting to know what the crack is, I am accused of being an active member of Labour Left Alliance. This is a group I never have been a paid up member to and a group others have told me have no members. The evidence is one post two years ago which ironically enough  is mildly critical of the Corbyn administration of the Labour Party. You can read the documentation here and here.

The Labour Party National Executive proscribed Labour Left Alliance in March 2022.  It did not notify any members that the organisation has been proscribed but perhaps that’s a little academic when the proscription was retrospective so no member could take action to protect their membership if they found themselves added to a social media group or chat.

I want to thank again those comrades who have got in touch with me to offer solidarity and support. I remain who and am and continue to have the same values regardless of the views of the Labour Party about me.

I also want to encourage people to act together to achieve change with or without the Labour Party by joining the enough is enough campaign.

They have five demands to tackle the crisis

1. A Real Pay Rise.

2. Slash Energy Bills.

3. End Food Poverty.

4. Decent Homes for All.

5. Tax the Rich.

Find more about it here

No comments: